Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, November 11, 2005

Interlocking Balloons (?)

The "Ruffles" scarf is getting too mindless for me, so I am starting "Interlocking Balloons" so that I can have something more absorbing at the same time.

I made a "prototype" beginning about an inch long, and I just wanted to confirm some things with you people who've done it before:

1)Are those decreases *really* all slanting the same direction? It looks that way to me, and I'm wondering why not make them symmetrical...?

2)And M1R *is* supposed to put a twist the stitch right? Normally I do combination style, so although I slipped the stitches into Western orientation before doing this just to be sure it came out right, I just don't want to freak out if I see something looking twisty.

Thanks in advance!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said…

    It is just going to look funky until you get about 2 patterns done. Mine looked like a mess, just follow the pattern and don't worry about it. The M1R part is explained in the book, so be sure to check that out.

    I finished mine and even blocked it, will be posting pics later.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Julian said…

    thanks!

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Julian said…

    wait, but how come in the chart all the make one's are right slant and all the p2tog's are left slant? Why not use mirrored inc's and dec's?

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Julian said…

    I went ahead and mirrored them - they look really nice that way. Hope to post pics sometime!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home